Postdoctoral Research Associate / Research Fellow
Salary: The starting salary will be £29,515 - £34,189 on Grade E for Postdoctoral Research Associate and £35,211 up to £39,609 on Grade F for Postdoctoral Research Fellow, depending on qualifications and experience.
Package: Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme and relocation package (if applicable).
This full time post is available immediately until 28 April 2020 to participate in the Atlantic Meridional Transect Ocean Flux from Satellite Campaign (AMT4OceanSatFlux).
This European Space Agency (ESA) funded post is available immediately. You will compare in-situ air-sea CO2
flux measurements against estimates calculated using satellite Earth observation data. You will investigate the role of environmental conditions on these estimates in order to provide an updated estimate of North Atlantic and global air-sea CO2
flux, with associated uncertainties. The post will include liaison with project partners to collate large in-situ and satellite data sets, including quality control and processing. You will have developmental access to existing open-source research software as part of a small team working on this resource. You will develop the software to run with the gathered data and undertake a wide-ranging analysis of gas-exchange, which will be communicated in written materials and presentations in support of project objectives.
- Be able to develop research objectives, projects and proposals
- Identify sources of research funding
- Contribute to the process of securing funds
- Make presentations at conferences and other events
- Possess a relevant PhD or equivalent qualification/experience in a related field of study
- Possess sufficient specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies
- Be able to work collaboratively, supervise the work of others and act as team leader as required
- Be experienced in programming, preferably in Python, processing large data sets and providing statistical analysis to interpret results
- At Postdoctoral Research Fellow level you will be a nationally recognised authority in air-sea interactions
>> Read the full job description and apply <<